Murray Region Galleries and Museums Directory
Be the first to advertise in Murray Region Galleries and Museums Directory!
We are developing murray.guide for you and early supporters can secure top of category and page one spots! If you would like to create a listing in Murray Region for your Business or Community Group first Create an Account
Replace this Ad with your content, Your listing updates this entire page!
View an example. Consider what Category might you list in? Do we have it?
Do you like the Galleries and Museums in Murray Region?
Murray Region Galleries and Museums
Galleries, Museums and Historical Venues in Murray Region Victoria and New South Wales
The Murray Region is a beautiful area between Victoria and New South Wales. It is home to a variety of cultural and historical sites that are sure to delight visitors. Below are some of the top galleries, museums, and historical venues that you should explore when passing through this region.
1. MAMA, Murray Art Museum Albury - This contemporary museum showcases local and international art in an extensive 522 square meter space. MAMA is known for its ever-changing exhibitions that showcase a variety of mediums, including paint, sculpture, film, and digital art.
2. Art Space Wodonga - This regional gallery and cultural center presents exhibitions on a range of themes and subjects, with particular emphasis on contemporary and experimental art.
3. Wangaratta Art Gallery – A regional gallery, that hosts an extensive range of exciting exhibitions showcasing the works of local artists as well as international artists. The gallery also has a sculpture garden you can explore.
1. Albury LibraryMuseum - This award-winning museum is a hub of knowledge providing visitors with access to more than 250,000 items, including rare books, manuscripts, photographs, and newspapers. The LibraryMuseum has a unique collection of exhibits that focus on the local history of Murray region.
2. Cobram Historical Society Museum – This charming museum has a collection of photographs, artifacts, and memorabilia that illustrate the rich history of Cobram and the Murray Valley region.
3. Beechworth Historic Courthouse – A major attraction in Beechworth, this heritage-listed site is one of the best-preserved courthouses in Australia. It has an extensive range of exhibitions and artifacts from the infamous Ned Kelly period.
1. Port of Echuca Discovery Centre – A historic site that offers visitors a chance to explore the Port of Echuca and learn about the transportation history of the 1800s. It is a great learning experience for people of all ages.
2. The Murray Downs Homestead - A beautifully restored 1800s homestead that has on display some original furniture and artifacts in a museum like setting. Guided tours are also available.
3. Old Wentworth Gaol - This historic building was once a home for prisoners during the 19th century. Visitors can walk through the site and explore its rich history.
4. Yanga Homestead and Woolshed - A historic homestead and woolshed that were once at the heart of the Yanga pastoral station. The site has original fittings and artifacts from the early 1900s.
Murray Region is a perfect destination for art and history enthusiasts. Its galleries, museums, and historical sites offer rich experiences that make it a memorable trip. Be sure to visit these fascinating sites on your next visit to Murray region.
Murray Region Galleries and Museums Articles